Tuesday, May 19, 2015

When Ransomware Attacked The Office


Blogging at my work station again. 

What can on person do when the server is infected by virus and the case isn't solved yet since a week ago? Me, I am pretending to be busy most of the day and I am now blogging. 

I have done my filling too quickly which was the 1st day of the virus attack and my colleagues and I even cleared the cupboards in order to have sufficient space to keep the 2015 documents. This was all done on last Tuesday. 

On the subsequent days, I complete the task that I can do manually/paperwork and what's not in a short while and then I am free all day long. I feel so bored and very frustrated because task that require me to do using the server is piling up. 

The first few days was worst as we are unable to access to the internet, check emails or to even switch on the PC. How frustrating is that. Thus, I am usually sitting at my place doing nothing and I don't really want to play with my phone because the CCTV is right above my head. Suck max!!! 

These days, I am sneakily surfing the Internet, playing my games via mobile because I couldn't care less and clear whatever that are pending on my hand. Or else what can I do. 

Actually, I can call customers to chase debt as it is my core task. BUT...how can I do so if the customer requires me to check the outstanding. Hence, I am not doing so since the server is down. 

By the way, the virus is called Ransomware and the IT consultant is trying their level best to fix the problem and US has had freeze the operation. It will not resume until the region is virus free. 

This Ransomware only encrypted the files in the Public folder. Thankfully, not personal folders and most of my data is in my personal folder. I'd backed-up the data in an external but worrying the external is infected to. Well, one did and it's cleared now. 

Oh well...that I how free I am sitting at my work station and it is tiring to pretend to be busy. *flip hair* Yes, boasting it because I am rarely this free at work. I am usually running here and there settling stuff in relation to debt collection. 

My colleague who sits opposite the CCTV just told me that she is kept surfing the Net and doing online shopping. How nice to be seated at her place. Don't need to surf sneakily. 

Nonetheless, I can't wait till the server resumes then I am able to catch up on work. 

That's about it for now, back to being an actress acting as a busy-bee... 

No comments:

Post a Comment