Sunday, August 1, 2010

OT Meet 1 [2010]


A taxing yet fruitful weekend past. I went all the way up north to LSC, Ipoh for a meeting. A preparation meeting for the national convention this year end. From the underlying theme to the theme to the subcomms, mentally taxing debating and final decisions made. Forward with Faith for 2010. Soand a lil Christianity? Let me clarify it. We, Lasallians are moving along faith, service and community as our core. The theme is srtictly not a religious factor. Definitely, we can guarantee that it is nothing to do with religion but spirituality. We unite to make this convention another successful one. Many more meetings coming and tonnes of emails to reply. I serious matter here. Hmm... fun though.

As usual, OTs are selected by the bosses. I am glad I am given a chance as a part of the team once again. Every year is an all new experience, another learning process and a funfill friendship bonding time. Good to say that I took a step further this year to facilitate one of the session during regionals. Thank you for giving an opportunity in everything. A tough question was asked over the weekend. It was "Why am I important to the convention?" I took so long to write my answer, I even thought of escaping answering this question. Very tough indeed. Finally, my answer was "Because I have young and positive energy". Gosh.. everyone bursted into laughter because some older seniors felt threaten (maybe not such a strong word lah but something like that). Anyway, I believe that there is something in me that is why I am important to the convention. I believe I have a lot more to contribute with all the supports from the the bosses.

A side from that, I truthfully say that I actually did thinking of not being a part of the team. I am scared of going back to a place filled with memories from someone who is very significant to me. I am worried that I am not able to bear my emotions and to control them and keep my tears in my hands. I feared of going back to places that I have sweet memories with that someone. What more to say when I need to go back to a place when I begun the other story in my life. I am totally paanoid. However, I never regret going back to LSC this time. I reacted and went throught it better that I thought. I was all prepared that I will breakdown yet I didn't. As I am sitting by the field of St. Michael's Instituition, the memories flashed back. It came running in my mind, this is where it all started. Sigh... I took a moment of silence, closed my eyes to clear the memories in my mind. I reflected on it and worked hard to not allow it affect my mood. I succeed. I will not deny that it will not affect me at all the next time, but I will definitely be stronger to face the fact that those are memories and I have to move forward. 

A mixture of all sorts of feelings. This made me to be a lil quiet throughtout the weekend. I tried to not show what is disturbing me. I tried my best and I hope I made it. A lot of things were running in my mind. It wasn't a problem of me alone. Someone or something there that was the cause. I know it very clear but I choose to not shre it. There will be consequences to it, thus I shall not discuss this matter. Talking to those that I was once close to and laughing with every other who was present definitely made my weekend a fruitful one. Not to forgotten scandals, gossips, tummy aching jokes, games and teasings were all in a part from the serious matter. One most important thing, late night mamaking in Ipoh. Nashmir brings good food and great bonding session. A must try in the mamak is Roti Ice Cream. The one and only, one of a kind roti canai with ice cream solely in Nashmir, Ipoh.

That's all for the night. I still need to wash my clothes before dosing off to bed for early rising classes tomorrow. I need some rest and I have to rush for an assignment due on Wednesday. Law Assignment, Grrr....


No comments:

Post a Comment